Updated: Apr 27, 2020
Here is an awesome recipe that I found a few years ago. It gives you the needed fats, carbs and proteins to give you that mid afternoon punch you need to get through that afternoon into your workout!
My mom was one of my main influences in life regarding fitness and nutrition, among others. The knowledge my mom instilled in me about health and fitness at a young age set me up for a bright and healthy future. She introduced me to Quinoa when I was young but never understood the benefits of this powerful plant food! I'd love to share one of my favorite recipes with you all. I hope you enjoy!
1/4 cup cooked organic quinoa
1/4 cup glutan free rolled oats
2 TBSP vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 banana mashed
1 TBSP ground flaxseed
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup blue berries
1/4 cup diced peaches
1 TSP cinnamon
1 TBSP honey
Coconut shavings as toppings
1. In a medium bowl combine oats, quinoa, protein powder, ground flax, cinnamon, and honey and stir to combine.
2. Add in mashed banana, berries, and peaches.
3. Pour in almond milk, and mix ingredients together.
4. Place in the fridge and leave overnight.
5. In the morning, remove from the fridge, heat on the stove top or in the microwave or enjoy cold.
6. If you feel the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of almond milk.
7. Add toppings; but don't be limited to coconut shavings as toppings! Get creative with it. Enjoy!
Calories: 290 kcal